Up to 20 minutes away for no additional charge
Up to 25 minutes away for no additional charge
Up to 30 minutes away at my regular hourly rate
Up to 45 minutes away at my regular hourly rate
Up to 1 hour away at my regular hourly rate
EducationRegistered Professional Mechanical Engineer
College graduate from the University of California, San Diego. Earned a Structural Engineering B.S., Chinese Studies B.A., and Urban Studies & Planning, Minor.
AP Computer Science Score (Java): 5
C/C++ Grade (UCSD): A
C# Grade (Mesa College SD): A
Windsor High School 2005 Class Salutatorian.
ExperienceA UniversityTutor.com tutor for high school advanced placement and college students in computer programming since 2011.
Peer tutoring for the Jacob School of Engineering in physics and math since 2005.
Tutor for high school students in all subjects, CAHSEE, and college placement exams since 2009.
Primary clients have been students needing help in Java, C/C++, C#, Python, and MATLAB programming.
Teaches small classes on AutoCAD, Solidworks, and other computer aided design software since 2009.
Invited regularly to teach heat load calculation and HVAC duct design for a HVAC technicians class at San Diego Continuing Education (45 students+).
- Captain of first place seismic design team at nationals.
- Research experience on seismic performance of energy generating wind turbines.
- AutoCAD drafting experience since June of 2007.
- Currently holds a California State Registered Engineer License
- Served as Chief-of-Staff for Associated Students Office of Academic Affairs
- Served as Junior Class Representative for Eleanor Roosevelt College.
- Served on University of California, San Diego Academic Senate Committees.
- Recognition on Reinforced Concrete Pedestrian Bridge Report and Design.
- Hull Development Team Lead for fourth place Concrete Canoe team.
- Holds valid licenses in Real Estate Brokers, Notary Public, and CTEC Tax Preparer.
HobbiesSports: Basketball & Swimming
Board Games: Chess & Monopoly
Volunteering/Pro Bono: Green building and energy efficiency consulting for Balboa Park. Worked on certifying the Air & Space Museum and the Old Globe as LEED buildings.
C++, Contemporary Architecture, Data Structures, Green/Eco-Friendly Design, IB Computer Science HL, IB Computer Science SL, Mathematical Foundations for Computer Science, Scientific Programming, Technology and Computer Science, Java, Computer Skills, Computer Science, AP Computer Science, Architectural Design, Architecture, AP U.S. Government & Politics, American History, Compilers, Computational Problem Solving, Computer Game Design, Computer Programming, Python
Client Reviews (2)
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.